Advaita is the annual cultural and technical festival of International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar. It will be held for four days from 18th to 21st April\\\'13.
In an attempt to turn this megalithic event into a techno-cultural battlefield. We have a 4 day schedule packed to the brim with excitement, innovations, challenges and horns locked in historic show-downs. From Junkyard wars to Google Buster.War of bands to Dance Face-off and Celebrity Star night. ADVAITAâ€™13 is destined to be epitome in the history of college fests for times to come.
Advaita, the sanskrit term means \\\"Second to nobody\\\" is the first techno-cult fest of IIIT, Bhubanseswar. The 4 days fest will be held from 18th to 21st April, 2013.
This year we are ready to roll our maiden Inter-college Techno-cult festival, ADVAITAâ€™13 in the 3rd week of Aprilâ€™13 with the theme of â€œ A Brave New Worldâ€.
Cultural Events :
Change and innovation is call of the era. Itâ€™s time we the big daddies of the band industry a break daddies a break and give the audience a new sense ant taste of music. So jump into the world of music with innovations and invents. Advaitaâ€™s- war of bands sets an open stage for all the talented bands out there keen to get an audience to showcase their talent.
1. Registration for Rockathon is open to any band, college or otherwise.
2. the competition will be held in two rounds:
a) ROUND 1 (Preliminary)
b) ROUND 2 (Finals)
3. Bands are encouraged to bring their own gear/add-ons. Only drums, percussions and sound arrangements will be provided by the organisers. However, programmed music is not allowed.
4.In prelims, a group will be required to perform at least 2 numbers within 12+2mins (sound check ) on stage.
5. In finals, a group will be required to perform at least 3 numbers within 15+2 mins(sound check) on stage (including sound check ).
6. Judging will be based on:
a) Member and sound Co-ordination
b) Quality of music
c) Originality & Improvisation
d) Blending of genres
e) Overall impact and sound of the band
f) Audience response
Shakespeare once wrote â€œThe entire world is a stage, and all the men and women merely players who have their entries and exists playing their particular character.â€ Format your real self!! Embed in your core the speech, the expression, the blend of eye of some fictitious. Make the audience roar, laugh, and cry or just forget the true you!! Enact!!! Lights Camera And Actionâ€¦..Its Show time..!!
Terms and Conditions :
1. EACH TEAM SHOULD COMPRISE OF MINIMUM OF 8 MEMBERS .
2. TEAMS SHOULD FORWARD THEIR MEMBERâ€™S NAMES AS WELL AS THE TEAM NAME (COMPULSORY) TO THE ORGANIZERS 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT.
1. TEAMS SHOULD ARRANGE THEIR OWN COSTUMES AND PROPS.NOTHING WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE.
2. MICROPHONES OR BACKSTAGE MIKES FOR NARRATION,LIGHTS & A LAPTOP TO PLAY SOUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED.
3. TEAMS ARE EXPECTED TO BRING THEIR OWN CD OR PEN DRIVE FOR THE PLAY.
1. LANGUAGE OF PLAY CAN BE ENGLISH/HINDI/ODIA.
2. EACH TEAM WILL BE GIVEN A TOTAL OF 20 MINUTES TO PERFORM INCLUDING ARRANGEMENTS.
3. TIME EXCEEDING THE SPECIFIED LIMIT WILL LEAD TO DEDUCTION IN MARKS(15%).
4. NO VULGARITY WILL BE ENTERTAINED AND THE TEAM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IMMEDIATELY.
5. NO NAKED FLAMES OR LIVE ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED ON STAGE.